Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Chicken tetrazzini

My favorite chicken tetrazzini recipe. This is one dish I could always make and everyone in my house loved it. I don't make it as often now because my son is vegan and it was one of his favorite dishes....it seems cruel to make it when he is around.

Cook enough chicken (most people use chicken breasts) to make about 4 cups chopped chicken.
Cook a 16 oz. box of vermicelli, drain and toss with 1/2 cup of the chicken broth and set aside.
In a big bowl stir together the chicken, a can of cream of celery soup, a can of cream of mushroom soup, a can of cream of chicken soup (I didn't promise healthy recipes), an 8 oz. sour cream, a 6 oz jar of sliced mushrooms, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. pepper. Add the vermicelli and toss well.
Use one really large or 2 medium greased baking dishes (it makes a lot). Spread in pans and sprinkle the whole thing with 2 cups (yes, 2 cups) of shredded cheddar. Bake covered at 350 for 30 minutes, uncover and bake 5 more until cheese is melted and bubbly. Enjoy.

Katy

3 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to try this Katy. It sounds great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy,

    made this for dinner tonight and it was a hit! You weren't kidding when you said it made a lot. Good thing we are fans of leftovers! I will be adding this to our meal rotation! Keep 'em comin'!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you liked it momma. I clicked on your profile and saw you followed my old blog. I really need to get back to blogging. I miss it.
    More recipes coming soon.
    Katy

    ReplyDelete