Thursday, February 4, 2010

Italian Wedding Soup

This is a relatively new recipe to me. I had this soup at a ladies meeting in Southern Ohio last November. It was delicious. This is not that exact recipe, but a combination of one I found on the internet. It's another eye ball recipe. My daughter Maddie loves this soup. I love this soup. I love that it has "green" in it. It makes me think it's healthy. LOL :-D

Italian Wedding Soup

Meatballs-I buy the frozen bag at Sam's, but you could make your own homemade meatballs. (Maybe someday I will try that)
8 cups chicken or beef broth
2 Cups of escarole or spinach chopped (I use the Pampered Chef chopper and really chop it up because of my picky family, but you could leave it in bigger pieces to wilt into the soup.
1/3 C. grated carrot
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 cup uncooked orzo pasta

Heat broth...add meatballs and heat through. Then add the rest of the ingredients except orzo. Let flavors mingle together over heat. Bring to a boil and cook orzo. Cook until it's al dente. The orzo will continue to cook from the heat of the soup. Stir frequently.

You could add some chopped up chicken to this too. I've done that before. Just experiement!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment